Monday, November 22, 2021

Changes in Room 2

Hello Families, 

As you know, there are some changes coming to LBS including specific changes for our classroom. We are welcoming Mr. Connor Meeks as the teacher in room 2 from November 29 until the beginning of April. I will still be actively engaged in the classroom teaching and learning, and closely supporting Mr. Meeks with the transition. Mr. Meeks will also be collaborating with the grade 2 and 3 team, and specifically Ms. Kassam, as our classrooms work closely together. Mr. Meek’s will be at LBS this week on Wednesday and Thursday to spend time working alongside me in the classroom before he takes over instruction on Monday, November 29. 

In my new role, I will be teaching room 2 Physical Education and Health for approximately 3 hours per week. I will also be supporting numeracy learning and intervention. The students and I had a conversation today and they are excited for the opportunity to learn from someone new. For the families that have booked a learning conference on Thursday evening, I look forward to introducing you to Mr. Meeks during this time. Unfortunately, he has a prior engagement on Friday and will be unable to attend. Do not worry if you are currently booked for Friday, Mr. Meeks will be connecting with families over the next few weeks. 

Additionally, if you have not had an opportunity to book a conference yet, please take some time to do so. 

Below is the introductory letter from Mr. Meeks!

Thank you for your support with this transition,

Ms. Brown




Hello parents and students my name is Connor Meeks. 

I will be filling in as your Grade 2-3 teacher for the next four months. Let me introduce myself. My wife and I have an 18 month old daughter who is full of energy and very entertaining. As a family we love to go on walks, visit the zoo, and the mountains. I have an Education degree specializing in Elementary English Language Arts, as well as a Bachelor of Commerce degree. As a teacher I strive to build strong relationships with my students. I am so excited for the opportunity to join the team at Lake Bonavista School. I can't wait to get to know all of you, and look forward to learning with you. It’s going to be a blast! 



No comments:

Post a Comment