Thursday, February 2, 2023

February 2, 2023

 Hello Families, 

 

Here are some student highlights from this week:

Artist in Residence

    

Artist in residence was my favourite thing we did this week, we got to make flowers from the countries we are learning about with paper and tape, we will be adding paper mache and paint to make them look realistic - Sangeet

I made a vine for a lotus flower to be part of a celebration table in India - Claire

Light Lab

We are making predictions and testing materials to see if the light goes through. If all light passes through it's a transparent material, if some light goes through its translucent, and if no light passes through it is an opaque material. We tested these materials with natural and artificial light (flashlights) - Georgia and Ember

Fractions

I liked learning about fractions this week and I learned that a half and another half equals a whole. - Skylar

Snowshoeing





Seed Stories 

The seed stories were fun to make and I liked adding detail and drawing the pictures. - Dani

The stories were really fun, I wrote mine about the obnoxious mango. - Loic

I liked coming up with beginning, middle and end for my seed story, my main character is the slippery sandwich and he gets bullied for being so clumsy but then everyone ends up helping him and coming to his rescue.

I liked writing my story and revising it. - Will

I loved making up my own character (The Rolly Burger) and creating a problem with supporting details, and a solution. - Jaxon

I liked doing the illustrations in my seed story about the Rich Corn, it was fun to make the pictures funny and learn the cartoon techniques. - Isaac

 


Have a wonderful weekend!

Ms. Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment