Friday, May 26, 2023

May 25, 2023



 Hello Families, 

We are so happy the smoke has cleared and we are back to our usual outdoor routines. The students voted this week to continue our outdoor gym series of kickball tournament with new teams: Vegas vs. Florida in honour of the Stanley Cup Finals. 

Descriptive Writing:

"I liked doing descriptive writing about campfires, I've added more punctuation in the right spots." - Cole

"We revised and edited our topic sentences within our descriptive paragraphs, they need to include what the writing is about and juicy details to get the reader hooked." - Artur

"I enjoyed learning how to write paragraphs about things we enjoy. We learned that paragraphs shouldn't just involve writing, they should include lots of planning first." - Georgia

"I really enjoyed the writing because it made me feel like I want to write even more." Dani

Song for a Whale:

"We have been reading Song for a Whale, it makes me feel calm when we read it and I like doing the reflections after it because I have a lot of ideas. I like learning the sign language too." - Sangeet

Math:

"I liked learning about polygons. Polygons are 2D, made from straight lines, and is a closed shape." - Will

We are working towards creating gardens/habitats for native plants (grade 4) and wild animals (grade 3) using polygons, area, perimeter, and measurement conversions. We took this learning outside yesterday to calculate the real world implications of planning to scale where 1cm in our math journals was equal to 1m outdoors. From this we needed to revise designs to enhance the accuracy of our blueprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment